Saturday 8 October 2016

' I will not vote Donald Trump for President'- actor Arnold Schwarzenegger



Former California Governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger joined the number  of Republicans who have come out openly to announce  they will not support Donald Trump for president.
The action actor and politician said on Saturday, that it will be the first time since becoming a citizen in 1983 that he will not vote for the GOP nominee. He did not spell out his reasons for walking away from the candidate of the party he joined after coming to the U..S. in 1968 and through which he served as governor of California. In a post he shared on his handle, he said:
Like many Americans, I've been conflicted this election. I still haven’t made up my mind about how exactly I will vote next month.' 
I have been a proud Republican since I moved to America in 1968 and I heard Nixon’s words about getting the government off our backs, free trade, and defending our liberty with a strong military.
That day I joined the party of Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, and Ronald Reagan.
The legendary actor said though he is a proud member of the republican but he has a bigger duty to hold onto the American flag rather party sentiment also wrote:
So I want to take a moment today to remind my fellow Republicans that it is not only acceptable to choose your country over your party – it is your duty,' he concluded.
He  however, did not indicate for whom he would vote in November presidential election , but being that America practice two party system, it indirectly means he will opt for Hillary ClintonThe former Governor of California said it would be the first time since he became a citizen in 1983 that he would not be casting a ballot for the GOP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: The public are whereby advised that opinions expressed in comments are those of the commenters alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Charles Ifeco